At SimScale, our mission is to help engineers worldwide to develop their products faster, easier, and better. We are fascinated by the potential of simulation technology and work hard to make it easier and more accessible than ever before. To that end, we are building the world’s first completely web-based engineering simulation platform – bringing high-performance computing technology to the fingertips of every engineer and scientist in the world.
Shape the next generation of simulation technology together with a team of highly talented engineers, mathematicians, and computer scientists!
Was dich erwartet
As Technical Lead (m/f) for our Post-Processing Development Team, your mission is to develop and deliver high-quality post-processing features to our large and constantly growing user base.
As an experienced developer you combine the two major skill sets of software development and visualization technology to provide our users with the best post-processing experience in a web browser ever.
You’ll be deeply involved in the identification of obstacles and you propose and implement outstanding solutions that will lift post-processing on our simulation platform to the next level. As a core driver behind the Post-processing Team you will work in close collaboration with a highly experienced team of engineers, product managers and developers on a daily basis.
Your tasks include but are not limited to feature specification, development and integration, implementation of automatic tests as well as the regular maintenance of existing components.
Automatically processing of results (2D and 3D; mainly from CFD, FEA & particle analyses) from different formats, rendering 3D results (server- and client-side), creating 2D plots (surface, contour and line plots) as well as filtering, interpolating, extrapolating and animating (time series) results, are just some examples of features that you will build or enhance.
You love to build something from scratch and you are passionate about developing and organizing at the same? Then SimScale is the right place for you!
- At least 6 years of professional experience in scientific data analysis with large unstructured datasets (scalar, vector, tensor fields)
- Development experience with at least one scientific/ data analysis framework, like VTK (preferred), NetCDF, HDF5, or similar
- Know-how in rendering (server and client-side, with and without GPU, on- and offscreen), e.g. using WebGL, OpenGL and/or OSMesa
- Practical experiences as user of a post-processor in at least one project
- At least 5 years in object-oriented and functional C++ programming (C++ 11 or later)
- Knowledge about version control (Git preferred)
- Basic Linux administration skills
- Experiences with ParaView or Tecplot
- Track record of evaluating, interpreting post-processing results and deriving design decisions
- Intermediate Python programming
- Knowledge about Docker or virtualization
- Knowledge of web servers, protocols and web security
Was wir zu bieten haben
- An international and enthusiastic team with high technical expertise and lots of fun
- Attractive startup atmosphere: flat hierarchies, independent work environment and fun team events and a calm and professional working environment
- Ambitious, self-responsible tasks and projects that leave space for creativity and provide the chance to learn a lot in a short time
- The chance to provide thousands of engineers with the next generation of simulation technology and help them to be better at what they do
Are you looking for a “chief visualizer” job, where you'll be able to build something from scratch? Your strong technical focus and your ambition drives you to find the best post-processing? Then we look forward to receiving your informative application via our online application system (including your salary requirements).
Ms. Alexandra Trott will be happy to be at your service should you have any questions, even over the phone: +49 89 8091327-54