At SimScale, our mission is to help engineers worldwide to develop their products faster, easier, and better. We are fascinated by the potential of simulation technology and work hard to make it easier and more accessible than ever before. To that end, we are building the world’s first completely web-based engineering simulation platform – bringing high-performance computing technology to the fingertips of every engineer and scientist in the world.
Shape the next generation of simulation technology together with a team of highly talented engineers, mathematicians, and computer scientists!
Was dich erwartet
Your mission at SimScale is to continuously improve and extend the platform that serves our users. That means, working on an increasingly complex service-oriented system, written mostly in Java, that handles large amounts of data and computation jobs while at the same time empowering a thriving community of users to collaborate and to share simulation projects. You will need to address requirements such as not breaking compatibility between a complex set of APIs, gradual releases, graceful degradation of parts of the system and feel comfortable working with message-based systems for example.
Our unique product will require you to find non-obvious solutions to interesting problems. In addition you’ll track down errors as part of 3rd level support and you will communicate with our frontend team and other stakeholders to ensure that your work fits nicely into our platform.
What we expect from you (must-haves)
What we expect from you (nice-to-haves)
- At least 5 years of professional experience in software development focusing on Java
- At least 3 years of extensive experience in developing RESTful cloud services and/or service-oriented systems
- Strong sense for code quality: you create maintainable, rock-solid code and tests that prove this
- Data-driven mindset: you collect and act on operational data, such as errors, technical metrics and usage data
- A course of studies in Computer Science with the focus on software engineering or a comparable training with corresponding professional experience
- Excellent knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge in distributed computing and microservices
- Sensibility towards IT security and the topic of concurrency
- Being involved in open source projects
Was wir zu bieten haben
- An international and enthusiastic team with high technical expertise, dedication and lots of fun
- Attractive startup atmosphere: flat hierarchies and independent work environment
- Fun team events and a calm and professional working environment
- Ambitious, self-responsible tasks and projects that leave space for creativity and provide the chance to learn a lot in a short time
- Provide thousands of engineers with the next generation of simulation technology and help them to be better at what they do
Would you like to work in an “engine room” which means, working on the core of a cutting edge distributed web application, chasing bugs or designing effective, efficient and elegant solutions? Then we look forward to receiving your informative application via our online application system (including project list and indication of your salary requirements).
Ms. Alexandra Trott will be happy to be at your service should you have any questions, even over the phone: +49 89 8091327-54